Pebbles care provides individual care programmes for young people who may be experiencing behavioural and/or emotional difficulties. They may be of either gender and will be aged between 8 and 18 years.
Young people placed in our care will be encouraged to present a commitment to themselves and work with us within our ethos of respect and care for one’s self and others.
- Free collection any time & day of the week
- Same day placements available
- Young people with low self-esteem and self-confidence
- Young people who display challenging behaviours and/or may be on the periphery of offending behaviours
- Young people without a stable educational background
- Young people who have experienced repeated placement breakdown
- Sibling groups
- Any core assessment information
- Young People at risk of sexual exploitation It is imperative that each young person is placed into the most appropriate surroundings to cater for his/her needs, to maintain the success of each home and to enable the young person to achieve positive outcomes.If you have a referral, where possible, please provide us with:
- A chronology of events for the young person including a placement history, behaviour and education history, and any involvement with other agencies/professionals
- Previous review reports/LAC reports
Once a young person has been referred, Pebbles care will:
- Identify the most appropriate home for the young person based on the information provided by the Local Authority. Run our in house matching process.
- If a placement can be offered we will provide a placement proposal and arrange for a young person’s DVD to be forwarded.
- Invite, where possible, the young person and their Social Worker to visit the home, prior to admission
- Visit, where possible and appropriate, the young person before admission to reassure them, to answer all their questions and to help minimise any fears or anxieties they may have
- Begin to plan the young person’s individualised care and education programme